- Give yourself permission to be different. Get off the merry-go-round of trying to do what everyone else does. We live in a world promoting diversity, which includes living a different lifestyle. But our citizenship is in Heaven. Philippians 3:20
- Take time to listen and learn from the older generation. Learn from the experiences of others. Just because times have changed and technology has brought about a fast-paced world, doesn’t mean our human needs for love and acceptance has changed. We all have a basic need to be loved and belong. Learn how others went through hard times. Listen to counsel and receive instruction so that you may be wise later in life. Proverbs 19:20
- Fear of God is the first step of wisdom. When we accept, He is our Heavenly Father and He is protecting us, we need to fear His judgement. Just as our earthly parents do not allow us to have everything we want; our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and discipline. Proverbs 1:7
- Study God’s Word, and the works of others. We shouldn’t feel we need to be entertained every minute. We should apply ourselves to taking the time to read and think through the lessons to be learned. For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that we may have hope through endurance and through the encouragement from the Scriptures. Romans 15:4
- Pray for Wisdom. Most of us only pray when we have a need. True wisdom comes from daily seeking God’s guidance. Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
I promise this will not give all the answers, but it will give peace with the decisions we make for our children and family.